Saturday, 21 July 2012

This Saturday - friends and rain


This Saturday Me and my nephew caught up with my two of my coolest friends and went out for a trip to Botanical Gardens. It’s in the outskirts of the city and required a long drive especially from where I stay.  So of course we got onto their bikes and were we off to the Beautiful Gardens full of peaceful green, magnificent lakes around it and various living creatures to see.
We had lunch at a local hotel and had to wait there for some time because of a heavy downpour. People would call us mad to be travelling in this terrible weather but since when have we ever cared about it. We were about to cancel off the plan as it was getting dark. But then the rain god listened to us and paused it. We drove up and reached out the place by 4.30. We got our tickets and we had around 1 hour to roam inside.




Whatever got us there, the drizzling rain or the rain dropping from the over head trees filled me with love for nature. The whole place is full by trees, shrubs and bushes. It is surrounded by lake and ponds in between. The rain was making all even more vibrant and stand out.

The place is planned with various small gardens and shed inside it, cottages, green house, orchid house and so many other things to look out for. But of course today wasn’t the day for us. I have been here earlier so never mind. So this trip was, just for being out of the city life and have some peace with friends and nature. :)
We saw some wetland birds like Lesser Whistling Ducks, Pheasant Tailed Jacanas, White-Throated Kingfisher, White-Breasted Waterhen, Black Kites and Many Asian Openbill Storks and other common birds. Check some photos here!







Plus some colorful creatures like butterflies, dragonflies, damselflies, insects etc.
In between it heavily rained and we had to find shelter. Less importantly to protect us and more for the cameras :-/ We saw some cute Baya Weaver birds and their nests :) amazing isn’t !! I saw it for the first time and was super excited.

And
We did some photo shoots to remember our time :)




 
It was all a dark, dingy feeling, Hollywood-ish style I must say. Quite spooky! Rain in the late evening and the cold weather had sunk in me. I wished to stay longer …
We were finally out of the place and pb went off to his home. And we three were back to the place where I had kept my scooty. I forgot to add that it had got punctured and was to be repaired. If it wasn’t for scooty, I would have reached my home by 6.45 but walking it down to the garage and waiting for it to be repaired made me late by 8.00 pm. 
So the day ended and this Saturday was a good one. :)

P.S. Rest the photographs would say what I can not :)

~*~

4 comments:

  1. Lovely :)
    Loved it , love u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. achhe description ke saath badhia photus ..
    keep writing yaara :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos !

    xo ,
    Ana Catalarrana
    http://Sinbowtie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. truely awesome one...
    loved all the photos.. too beautifully taken :) :D

    ReplyDelete

I keep looking for your comments :)