Tuesday, 18 December 2012

How safe are we in our country?

I have 2 cool posts pending to post but all I am thinking of now is the news flashes about a 23 year old girl, beaten by a blunt object, raped by 5-7 men in a moving bus in the capital of India, New Delhi. Her male friend was beaten with iron rods and then both were thrown out of the bus. The bus authorities were with the rapists and helped them in this deed.

I know we bloggers are full of showing good clothes and makeups and lifestyle BUT this is important as well...

Do go through the news:

http://in.news.yahoo.com/delhi-girl-critical-after-gangrape--four-held-123451079.html

I think many girls in my list are from New Delhi. Please be aware and alert my friends :(


I'm sitting in office and my mind keeps wandering to this news. I'm angry and I'm hurt. The victim is in critical situation now with injuries in her intestines and stomach. How safe are we? How safe am I? Everyday women face so much of eve teasing and news as such make me think that I can be raped anytime and I can so easily be killed.

--

My home is little far off the main capital of the State. I drive TVS scooty for my transportation. Sometimes I drive around 6-7.30pm sometimes it gets late by 9.30pm. Yes I do get scarred but I have no other option than this. Public transportation in this area is also not that safe and delays my journey even more. The feeling of being teased or intentionally touched and harassed stays in my mind every time and every where I travel. With a company or not, it is there.

Why such news alerts are disturbing me? Why I'm feeling more scarred! How much more protective can I be while traveling just anywhere I wish to.

In my journey too I have faced eve teasing from male bikers going around me and driving fast to scare me. And sometimes even more than that. I don't know what fun is there for men but It certainly has scarred me to death. But then I have no other option. I cant just sit at home. Its necessary for me to travel.

Why do I have to be scarred! Why cant men be more sensible! Why is that the women is supposed to be the weaker side and fear from such things. How much more careful should I be! I wear no skin-showing clothes and I tie my hair so that its not obvious that a women is driving. But I wish I wouldn't have to worry about that!

Craziest thing I hear these times are:
  • blaming on the victim that she was encouraging 
  • she was provocating
  • ban on women's freedom to move, wear certain clothes and time limits
  • in some villages, women can not carry mobile phones and certainly can not wear western clothes 
WTF!

This might be funny but this is how our authorities react: 




Just be careful girls and safe yourself. Be Strong and Be alert!

3 comments:

  1. This incident has been disturbing me a lot too!! May be more because I live in that same place... Women security is becoming a big issue in the capital :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst part is that it is men who need to stand up against the whole sick thing. The way they are always silent and indifferent, well it sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is a women's dress got to do with such cannibalism. such thinking sucks.!! the problem starts at home it self, this gender differentiation!!!

    Hey tanuja, honestly expressed post. Thank you for visiting me. New follower. see u back soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I keep looking for your comments :)