Tuesday 26 May 2015

'Sikkim' Tour - Nathang Valley

Continuing from ... Sikkim tour #1

The best thing I experienced in my Sikkim birding tour with Goingwild was snow fall in 'Nathang Valley'.

On the 3rd day of our trip, we traveled to 13,500 feet to this paradise. I wasn't expecting snow at all and was I quite afraid of the cold. Yet when I saw and experienced it, I was like a kid getting excited to see my first ever snow fall :-) I was so so happy. I bought a woolen cap and hired snow boots. Yet it was super cold and at night it fell to minus degrees. We did some day time birding and night landscape photography too. It such an awesome feeling :-) 
As it wasn't a fruitful place for birding because of the snowfall, we stayed the night and left for Zuluk the next day.


Check my bird pictures here -- > Birds of Sikkim
 


> Part-2 : Nathang Valley <

   ~ Love Love Love ~






I was just too happy ! :-) Just sank in that feeling!





Snow started from here... Thambi View point :) Here a panoramic view to Mt. Kanchenjungha is visible, but snow and fog made it impossible that day. Read here.




Friends posing :)




On the way... isn't this gorgeous!




The beautiful sight around... the animal is a Yak




An old Monastery !





A local lady with her child, just after the snow fall paused :)



The view around ~Loved it.





Me :)





View from our window !!





Our little snow man! That was quite a team effort :D



Tea worked like magic there! Aren't these cups brilliant!




The stunning windows!



Cozy eating times




Returning ~






20 comments:

  1. which place is this?

    regards
    http://photographers.canvera.com/south/tamil-nadu/chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awws the little snow man is so cute <3 Gorgeous photos!
    xoxo,
    snowprincessbella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your photos are always breathtaking.
    Can't wait to see more of your adventures!

    Much love
    jedidiahgc.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's quite crazy to see snow in this post and right now I'm burning in this heat we're experiencing today :) Snow boarding in June? Ha! Awesome! :)) xx Maja
    - http://majasmuffin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks like a really cool place although i'm not a fan of the cold haha! love the photos :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. The views are stunning!
    Followed you back lovely~ ^^

    http://mishcheungx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your photos, this place looks stunning and I'm sure that it had to be amazing experience to see your first snow fall ever :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The place look amazing! I wish I could go there.
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOw its so nice to know abt ur visit..lovely pics..thanks for taking ur along :)

    BeachWear

    ReplyDelete
  10. We need another visit there, what's say ?? 😊
    Reminds me the lazy lad I have been not to write a trip report nor it shall be as good as you 😅

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! These are some amazing pics! Hope I get to visit Sikkim soon :)

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sikkim looks so breath taking. I wanna visit there after seeing your lovely pics. Thanks for sharing them :)

    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you post this article. This is wonderful post. I do hope you intend to post more of these types of information. Thank you for this interesting information.
    Budget Hotel in Agra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice and Valauble Information. To Get more information about Holidays Packages, Please visit us on Sikkim tour packages

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome work ! I am planning to travel but I was confused about flight bookings, your post gave me an amazing idea to explore for Sikkim tour packages . Nice post, keep posting.

    ReplyDelete

I keep looking for your comments :)